Friday 27 October 2017

Shocking News I Bought Some Presents For Christmas - Gasp

Yes I Wrote The Dreaded Word Known As Christmas!

Every year for me the word of Christmas is usually followed by Bar Humbug as i am not a big fan of Christmas any more as i am an adult and this really is for children and my child has long grown out of opening presents by the score and finding the paper or box more interesting that is actually what is in it. You know that what i wrote there is true if you have had children its all about the packaging although if i get anything with bubble wrap then i love to sit and pop it, sad but true and i know for a fact that we all love doing it, ergo the adult version of just loving the paper or playing with the box.

I didn't go out to buy any presents i had to take something back to a shop and needed to buy some lights for my flat which are spot lights and when one goes then another does and so forth but i saw these retro packed gifts and my heart skipped a beat. I had a good look and thought how nice they looked and before i knew it i had them in my trolley and carried on shopping for random things including the lights which cost a fortune. One i bought for my darling friend Ellie but i knew she was coming over at 4 so i had to find somewhere to hide them because i could be giving her two so i just said i had done the deed and she had a real go at me and said i had two months yet. My reply to that was that's good gives me time to wrap them or get some bags and shove them in - not known for my prowess of wrapping presents. I do remember one year a long time ago my cleaner was coming over and i asked her if she could wrap the presents and while she was doing that i did the housework and paid her to do them. Took her a good time because that is when i had presents for my son and lots of other children...........hate wrapping presents so much so i often just put them in a Sainsbury carrier bag and thats it. My friends all get it but they do go to the effort. I would rather put red hot pokers in my eyes than stand wrapping presents.

So for me that is shocking news that i bought some presents and now looking back i don't really know why but i just got lulled over to seeing this wonderful retro look presents and i was stuffed not a question of why i just had to have them it really is that simple. Been thinking what i could buy my son and just remembered i promised to buy him a new laptop as his is knackered can't really shut the lid so he needs to find the one he wants and then he can show me and i will give him my card to buy it. Rather get him what he really wants than something he doesn't but i will get him something he knows nothing about.

Liz - Bar bloody humbug two months until Christmas, who cares obviously not me? 

No comments:

Post a Comment