Saturday 10 September 2016

La Petite Black Dress

Not Quite The One You Were Expecting But I Like It Could Be Noir Dress.

I can't imagine that there isn't a lady in the land that doesn't have that Little Black Dress, i know that i do, in fact more than one, this was when i quite liked going shopping but it was my friends shop and she use to call me to say got a few great dresses in you will love and held them on the side for me to give the thumbs up or down, usually up but this was a while back. Since which time her shop closed and of course you can imagine what it is now, mobile phone shop of course. And i think she wanted to go into something else, as in go back to college to study, what i don't know but she was very funny?

The little black dress seen in so many movies by the black and white movie starlets of yesteryear but for some they may be a bygone era but for some of us those Saturday or Sunday afternoons i use to sit with my mother and watch possibly gone but not forgotten.

If you don't have that not so illusive little black dress then i would suggest you get one because it's what all the guys like and i like dressing up for someone i love so that he feels proud of me. I have had in my time some very shocking dresses and all at the same time they had the right and very wrong effect. 

I went out with my guy in a black dress and not a little black one but a full length one but on the left side it was slit right up to my thigh. I use to work in an advertising agency and that is where i met him and we had a little fling. I was frightfully skinny and the dress i knew would be stunning. When he came to pick me up and take me to his club, The Groucho Club heads turned and one i had wanted to make turn for a long time, finally got his attention wearing that dress.

The dress that didn't go down too well was the one i wore for my best friends wedding. I think she was horrified! I was wearing a red dress, that was fine. To the floor again fine but i had no boobs to talk about at this time again skinny as hell. Well i was only 20 or 21 i think when she got married but the thing she was fuming about was a) That a hairdresser came over and did my hair up and flowing down and i had really long hair. b) That the dress was split this time not at the side of the dress but from top to my waist, sorry Hun but like i said i do like to dress to impress but i don't think or should i say i know she wasn't impressed think she was fuming, she didn't talk to me for a while but we were best friends so it didn't last too long.

Liz - The Little Black Dress, is it just timeless fashion or the dress to impress, i think its both.

2 comments:

  1. Liz, the LBD is a timeless classic, every man loves them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz,I love your descriptions of your dresses, Stylish, classy, elegant and sexy all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete